Are you a tomato lover?
Yes? That’s awesome because I have a fantastic tomato pasta salad you are sure to enjoy!
This summertime tomato pasta salad features a triple punch of tomato flavor.
- Tart, fresh cherry and grape tomatoes.
- Soft, sweet, sundried tomatoes.
- Sweet and tangy burst baby tomato vinaigrette.
Add some fun, spirally pasta noodles, sundried tomato & basil feta cheese, and fresh herbs and enjoy summer in a bowl.
While they are available to us all year round, there is just nothing better than summer tomatoes. So it’s a perfect time to make this easy pasta salad.
The key to the goodness of this tomato packed salad is the Burst Baby Tomato Vinaigrette. It’s going to coat all of those fun, quirky noodles. I changed the amount of olive oil and white balsamic vinegar for this recipe, however. I wanted to be sure there was enough to coat the pasta and extra tomatoes.
Add some chopped onions and sundried tomatoes to the pasta. Follow it with the burst tomato vinaigrette. And then add in the fresh tomatoes, feta cheese and herbs. Toss it all together.
If you love tomatoes, you will love them in this pasta salad. Sweet, tart, fresh and juicy. Try this tomato pasta salad before summer’s bounty is gone!
Dreams and dedication are a powerful combination.
- FOR THE TOMATO VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 pints of cherry or grape tomatoes (slice half of the tomatoes in half.)
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 Tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 4 Tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 pound of cavatappi
- 2 cups of halved cherry and/or grape tomatoes
- ½ small purple onion, diced
- ¼ cup of diced sundried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 6 ounces of crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped fresh chives
- Prepare the vinaigrette.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a medium saute pan.
- Saute the shallots until soft. Add the garlic.
- Saute another minute.
- Add the tomatoes. Saute on medium for about 4-5 minutes. Smash down some of the tomatoes with a spoon.
- Take off the heat. Add the remaining 6 Tablespoons of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and purple onion and toss to mix.
- Add the tomato vinaigrette. Toss to mix.
- Add the fresh tomatoes, feta cheese, basil and chives and toss to coat.
- Garnish with more herbs and cheese if desired.
No farms = No food. Thank you farmers!