I love the combination of soft greens and crunchy veggies in my salads.
In this three pea salad, tender mache mingles with crunchy snap & snow peas and fresh, sweet English peas. All bathed in a light and lemony thyme vinaigrette.
Here is the recipe for the light Lemon Tarragon Vinaigrette. It’s the perfect dressing for these soft greens & crunchy veggies.
I love tender mache leaves. But soft butter lettuce would be great in this salad, too. The sweet English peas and crunchy snap and snow peas add great substance to this very green salad.
This is a great salad to enjoy any day, but especially nice in the springtime.
- 4 cups of mache or other tender greens
- 1 cup of English peas
- 8 ounces of sugar snap peas
- 8 ounces of snow pea pods
- pea shoots for garnish
- Lemon Tarragon Vinaigrette
- Blanch all the peas in boiling water for a minute or two.
- Submerge the peas in a bowl of ice water to retain their bright green color, then strain.
- Place the mache and the peas in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with lemon tarragon vinaigrette and toss to combine.