While I enjoy mulled spiked ciders and autumn sangrias; sometimes you just want a cocktail with a kick.
This is my favorite fall cocktail. Apple cider, tequila, crème de cassis and fresh lemon juice. You might be reading that and wondering how do those ingredients work together. And I’m here to tell you . . . beautifully! This chilled cocktail is simple and smooth. Sure to make that day of raking leaves more pleasant!
Crème de cassis is a dark red liqueur made from black currants. Mixed with the apple cider, you may think this is a very sweet drink. But it’s not! The tequila and lemon juice cut that sweetness enough to make this one of the most refreshing autumn cocktails you will ever taste.
If I’m making just one drink for myself, I put the ingredients into a cocktail shaker of ice. If I make a pitcher of these, I simply blend everything in the pitcher, refrigerate it until it’s really cold and then serve it over ice.
One of my favorite cocktails named after one of my favorite books! (Can you believe I read it 4 times?)
- Per One Cocktail:
- 3 ounces of apple cider
- 1 ounce of white tequila ( I used Cazadores Reposado)
- 1 ounce of crème de cassis
- 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- apple chunks/slices and blackberries for garnish
- Fill a shaker ⅔ full with ice.
- Add the apple cider, tequila, creme de cassis, and lemon juice.
- Shake well.
- Place 4-6 ice cubes in an old fashioned size glass and strain the drink over the top.
- Garnish with fresh apple slices if desired.
- For a crowd: multiply the amounts per number of drinks you will serve.
- Mix the ingredients in a pitcher.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve over ice