I don’t know about you, but I am a total peanut butter fanatic! I never grew out of a good peanut butter & jelly sandwich. And apples with peanut butter are one of my favorite snacks. So of course, I have to include this creamy lusciousness in my salads as well!
This spicy peanut dressing is one of my all time favorite salad dressings. So easy to make, you will love the combination of peanut butter, rice vinegar, sesame oil, tamari sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and as little or a lot of chili flakes as you desire.
I love a salad dressing that you whip up in a blender. Here, I just placed all of the ingredients in my mini food processor and whirled away. Not only is this dressing great for salads, it’s perfect for your favorite noodle dish, or simply drizzled over your favorite vegetables. I whipped this up for a Charred Broccoli Salad which I’ll be posting very soon.
This is a good salad dressing to play with. Want to MAKE IT YOUR OWN? Here are a few suggestions:
- This would be equally delicious with almond butter or cashew butter. In fact, use your favorite nut butter for a different nutty flavor.
- Want to make this vegan? Simply omit the 1 Tablespoon of honey in the recipe. Leave it out or swap it for maple syrup of your preferred vegan sweetener.
- Play with the amount of ginger, garlic and chili flakes in this dressing depending on how you plan to use it.
- If you like things really spicy, add more chili pepper. But just realize the flavors will meld as this sits. So if you don’t use it all at once, the dressing will pick up a little more heat.
- If you prefer a non spicy peanut dressing, by all means leave out the chili flakes. It’s still just as luscious without the heat.
- ⅓ cup of peanut butter
- ¼ cup of rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of tamari sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger
- ½ - 1 teaspoon of red chili pepper flakes (NOTE: If you are not sure how much heat & spice you will like or need for your recipe, start with ½ teaspoon and add more to taste.)
- 2-3 Tablespoons of water.
- Place all of the ingredients EXCEPT the water in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasonings & spice.
- Add water 1 Tablespoon at a time to achieve your desired consistency.
- I used 2 Tablespoons of water for this recipe.
All of my salads and dressings are just a starting place for your imagination. So feel free to add or swap ingredients and do what works for you!