Looking for a great, fall salad?
This is one of the tastiest salads I’ve made! Really so so good! Baby romaine and romaine hearts are topped with crisp sliced apples, tender pieces of smoked trout, and sweet chunks of toasted corn muffin croutons. If this weren’t good enough already, drizzle on a creamy chive buttermilk dressing. Great fall flavors in one bowl!
This is the ultimate brunch salad!
Very few ingredients. But you really don’t need much when they all taste so great. I know smoked trout isn’t the most attractive thing to look at, but it’s so flavorful!
If you like smoked salmon, you will undoubtedly like smoked trout. But if you are used to salmon, it would be good here, too!
I love the flavors and textures together. Smokey, sweet, crunchy, creamy, tangy. A different combination in every forkful!
This is a terrific salad to celebrate fall!
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 5 ounces of baby romaine lettuces
- 16 pieces of romaine hearts
- 8 ounces of smoked trout, flaked
- 2 apples, sliced
- 1 corn muffin, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 3 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons of honey Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 teaspoons of chopped chives
- salt & pepper
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a non stick frying pan.
- Add the corn muffin cubes and toast until golden brown.
- Divide the lettuce between 4 bowls.
- Divide the trout between the 4 bowls.
- Divide the apples between the 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle with the corn muffin croutons.
- Drizzled with buttermilk chive dressing.
If you ate today, thank a farmer!