Since I began to make my own vinaigrettes from scratch, I don’t think I’ve had the same salad dressing two weeks in a row.
There are just so many options. Any ingredient, herb, fruit or vegetable can be incorporated into a salad dressing. And your next dressing is as unique as your imagination. This pineapple ginger vinaigrette is pretty amazing! Fresh pineapples, ginger, garlic, cilantro combine with pineapple juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and honey. All at once sweet, tart, tangy and savory. Bring as much heat as you’d like with some crushed red pepper flakes. This salad dressing is so fresh and vibrant.
This citrusy vinaigrette is particularly good on salads that include proteins, like chicken, pork and fish. As a matter of fact, I’ll be posting a new salad that utilizes this vinaigrette in just a few days.
This is a great vinaigrette for a simple plate of greens. And of course, it is wonderful with tropical fruity salads.
And let me remind you. This is also fantastic as a marinade!
I hope this fun, fresh and fruity vinaigrette will grace your salads or grills this summer. And this is a perfect dressing to whip up when the winter doldrums hit you, too!
- ½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons of pineapple juice
- 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of peanut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of grated, fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup of small diced fresh pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped, fresh cilantro
- A large pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- Whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, peanut oil, sesame oil, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, and pepper flakes. Stir in the pineapple and cilantro.
Support your local farmers whenever you can!