This is by far one of the easiest and most flavorful salad dressings I’ve yet to enjoy.
Rich and salty Parmigiano-Reggiano is finely grated and whisked with sweet white balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic and tangy Dijon mustard to create the most luscious vinaigrette, perfect for any salad, any time of the year!
I make this parmesan vinaigrette, all year round. But I think I enjoy it most in the summer; especially on tomato based salads and panzanellas!
This parmesan dressing is especially good on pasta salads. And I’ve even drizzled some on my baguette when creating some Italian based sandwiches.
You can get creative with this dressing. Use pecorino or asiago cheese, if that’s what you have on hand. Add herbs if you’d like. I like to add thyme. Or change the flavor by changing your vinegar. I’ve made this with tarragon vinegar before and it’s just as luscious. And don’t forget, vinaigrettes are always good as a marinades, too!
- ¼ cup of fresh & finely grated parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt & freshly cracked pepper
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard and garlic together.
- Whisk in the olive oil.
- Add the cheese and whisk to blend.
- Season with salt & freshly cracked pepper to taste.