What’s a typical breakfast for you? Me? Well there’s yogurt with berries. And I love my oatmeal. And let’s not forget my Vanilla Almond Special K with blueberries. But some mornings, you just want something . . . . . more.
These strawberry & chocolate turnovers are just what I crave some days. So quick and easy to make. Buttery, flaky puffed pastry is filled with mascarpone cheese, fresh strawberries, strawberry jam and bits of chocolate. I love milk chocolate and that’s what I use. Love the slices of strawberries tucked into a sweet, cheesy, chocolatey, strawberry pastry! A sprinkle of almonds and sparkling sugar really top them off!
This is a great pastry to have for breakfast or brunch. Or simply when you are craving something sweet, ooey & gooey, crunchy and melty.
Cut your puff pastry into squares. Layer with mascarpone, sliced strawberries, a teaspoon of jam, and a teaspoon or two of chocolate. Fold, crimp, and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle on some almonds and some sparkling sugar.
These are out of the oven in 15 minutes! Flaky, warm, sweet and chocolatey.
These strawberry turnovers couldn’t be more simple.
Raspberries would be great. And certainly use dark chocolate if that is more of your thing!
Take pride in how far you have come & have faith in how far you can go.
- 1 (17.3 ounce) package of puff pastry, thawed (2 rolls of pastry)
- 3 Tablespoons of mascarpone cheese ( or cream cheese)
- 3 Tablespoons of strawberry jam
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 6 Tablespoons of milk chocolate chips
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3-4 Tablespoons of sliced almonds
- Sparkling sugar if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unroll puffed pastry onto lightly floured surface.
- Roll out the puffed pastry to make an even square and to get rid of the seams in the pastry.
- Cut each pastry into 4 even squares.
- Top each square with a teaspoon of mascarpone and lightly spread it.
- Place one strawberry, sliced, on top of the cheese.
- Dab 1 teaspoon of strawberry jam on top of the strawberries.
- Sprinkle with 1-2 teaspoons of chocolate chips.
- Brush the edges of the dough with egg wash.
- Fold the dough into triangles.
- Crimp the edges of the turnovers with a fork.
- Poke the tops of each triangle with the fork.
- Brush the tops with egg wash.
- Sprinkle with almonds and course sugar.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Cool slightly before serving.
If you ate today, thank a farmer!