Ever since I made this most delicious Volcano Rice, Black Bean & Mango Salad; I’ve been eating a ton of mangoes. They are just so sweet in the most perfect way. I even find myself tossing them into simple green salads. Which then got me making more of this Mango Chutney Dressing.
This dressing is made with a tangy mango chutney, warm ginger, spicy red pepper, and fresh lime juice. If you want it sweeter, throw a few fresh mango cubes into the mix. Or you can temper it by adding less spice. The flavor is so rich, tangy, sweet and spicy.
You can certainly make your own chutney, if that is your thing. But I happened to buy a jar of chutney at the market when I needed some for a fantastic Spicy Mulligatawny Soup with Sweet Potatoes.
And don’t forget. Salad dressings aren’t just for salads. They often are a good accompaniment to seafood, chicken and other proteins. And they also make great marinades!
This really luscious, tropical dressing comes together quickly with a few key ingredients. You actually don’t need fresh mangoes to make it. Though I always seem to whip some up when I have mangoes that I want to add to my salads.
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons of mango chutney (I used Major Grey's)
- ¼ teaspoon of minced ginger (I used Gourmet Garden ginger paste)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes (I used Gourmet Garden partially dried red pepper)
- Simply place all the ingredients in a mini food processor or blender and puree until all the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Taste & season with more spice, salt & pepper if desired.
- NOTE: Sometimes when I've used this as a sauce for shrimp or fish, I've added some chopped fresh cilantro to the mix!
Support your local farmer’s markets!