The anticipation of summer berries is killing me!
But you know, here’s a simple recipe for a great treat you can enjoy now. And if you freeze some of the season’s best berries, you can enjoy this fruity dessert even when the winter doldrums hit. You’ll love these iced berries in the dog days of summer; and you’ll appreciate that warm white chocolate on a chilly fall or winter night.
You can use one berry or more if you’d like.
I love when the berries start to soften in the warm cream.
When the berries are gone, slurp up all the luscious sweet, pink cream.
So the next time you buy berries, tuck some away in the freezer. And this luscious berry treat can be ready in 10 minutes!
“Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.” Winston Churchill
- 4 cups of fresh, mixed berries, frozen
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- Place the chocolate chips in a glass bowl.
- Warm the cream in a small saucepan over medium high heat just until the cream starts to simmer.
- Immediately remove the cream from the heat and pour it over the white chocolate chips.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- And then simply whisk the cream until all of the chocolate is melted and combined.
- Transfer the cream to a container that has a pouring spout (a glass measuring cup or a small pitcher will do!)
- Place the berries into tall serving glasses (enjoy the clink!) and pour the warm cream over the berries.
- Serve the dessert right away.
- Though I will tell you that the cream warm or cold over fresh berries is pretty divine, too!
Know your farmer, know your food! Support your local farmers!