As salads go, could you be content with a bowl full of lettuce?
Actually, I can! As long as the dressing is the star of the show. My favorite go to lettuce in this case is romaine. And one of my favorite dressings is a creamy, tangy buttermilk concoction. Use your favorite combination of herbs. Mine are dill, chives and parsley.
Of course, the longer it sits, the better it tastes! I DRENCH my lettuce in this luscious stuff. And I don’t need anything else at all!
This is so simple to make, I can’t imagine ever using a bottled dressing again. Covered and refrigerated, this will keep for a week. But I can’t guarantee it will LAST that long!
“Herbs are the friend of the physician and the pride of cooks.” Charlemagne
- 1 cup of buttermilk (shake well!)
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ of a teaspoon of kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- Simply combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Pour into a covered jar or container. This will keep for a week in your fridge.
Support your local farmers!