I really love simple, flavorful meals that come together quickly.
I think I eat salmon almost once a week. It’s so rich and succulent. And you can flavor it in so many different ways. Here I’ve spiced it with some cracked green peppercorns. And I paired it with a cool, creamy chunky cucumber dressing. So chunky, it’s almost a salad! Greek yogurt is flavored with lemon, garlic, shallots and dill; with just a tang of white balsamic vinegar. The whole meal is ready in a half an hour!
The chunky cucumber-shallot-dill dressing is almost a salad itself. It’s a lighter, more refreshing version of tartar sauce and a little thicker than tzatziki. But will also dress any greens you decide to include.
Before you cook the salmon, brush the tops with some melted butter and lemon. Then cover it in cracked green peppercorns. The Greek yogurt based dressing will temper the pepper. The cucumber and shallots add some nice crunch.
I hope you enjoy this quick, peppery salmon with it’s cool and crunchy dressing! It’s just as good chilled as leftovers, too!
- FOR THE SALMON:
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 Tablespoon of butter, melted
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Cracked green peppercorns
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1½ cups of Greek yogurt
- 3 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- zest of ½ lemon
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped, fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the melted butter and juice of ½ lemon together.
- Brush the top of each fillet with the melted butter mix.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked green peppercorns.
- Heat a Tablespoon of olive oil in a large oven proof saute pan over med high heat.
- Add the salmon fillets, peppercorn side down, in the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until the fillets are browned.
- Turn the fillets and cook another 2 minutes.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Let the salmon rest while you prepare the dressing.
- Add the Greek yogurt to a medium bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic and stir to combine.
- Mix in the shallots, cucumber and dill.
- Add the salt and vinegar.
- Season to taste.
No farms = No food! Thank a farmer today!