I love very simple salads that feature a protein. They become so much more of a meal to me.
But simple doesn’t mean lacking flavor or pizzazz. This Pineapple & Grilled Shrimp Salad is a perfect example of that. It’s sweet and savory, cool and crunchy. Simple ingredients, but tons of flavor. The shrimp are marinated in the same Pineapple Ginger Vinaigrette that bathes the entire salad. A little sweet, a little heat and very satisfying as a summer lunch or dinner.
I whipped up some extra vinaigrette for my marinade because I wanted to have extra vinaigrette for later in the week. But you can certainly use about 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette recipe for the marinade. Pineapple juice, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cilantro and red pepper flakes keep this bright and tangy.
If you love pineapples, this salad is for you. They are in the marinade, in the dressing and on the plate!
Add some diced pineapple to the jar of vinaigrette and it really takes on a sweet tart texture and flavor!
The butter lettuce is soft and the perfect green for this dressing. Thinly sliced radishes and cukes add some cool and spicy crunch.
Don’t let the summer slip by without trying this luscious, tropical salad.
The foundation of freedom is unity.
- 1 Recipe of Pineapple Ginger Vinaigrette (see the link at the beginning of the post)
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 heads of butter lettuce, torn.
- 4 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of fresh pineapple chunks
- ⅓ cup of thinly sliced scallions
- salt & pepper to taste
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper in place in a small bowl.
- Pour ¼ cup of the vinaigrette over the shrimp and let sit for ½ hour.
- Heat a grill or grill pan on high heat.
- Place the shrimp on the grill pan and turn the heat to medium.
- Grill the shrimp for about 2 minutes per side or until it is cooked and slightly charred.
- Let the shrimp cool slightly.
- Place the lettuce, cukes and radishes in a bowl or serving dish.
- Pour ¼ cup of dressing over the salad and toss.
- Add the shrimp and pineapples and toss.
- Sprinkle with the sliced scallions and serve with remaining dressing.
To those who work in acres, not hours, we thank you!