Corn is one of the best things about summer. Don’t you agree?
Well this fresh corn vinaigrette is a luscious way to utilize one of summer’s best crops. Fresh corn kernels are milked and combined with olive oil, sherry vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup and parsley. Definitely a unique combination of ingredients. But they blend together so perfectly to create a sweet and tangy vinaigrette; with so many uses beyond salad!
The fresh corn kernels are milked at the start to add more of that sweet corn flavor to the vinaigrette. Whole corn kernels are also added for texture.
This is a great vinaigrette for any summer salad. But you absolutely have to try it with my Herb Roasted Fingerlings.
So many uses for this fresh corn vinaigrette. Use it on green salads, potato salads and pasta salads. Try it as a chunky salsa with scallops or crab cakes. Or warm it for a dressing for your summer veggie spaghetti!
Don’t clutch the past so tightly to you that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.
- 2 ears of fresh corn
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of sherry vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon of pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Blanch the corn in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool to room temperature.
- Cut the kernels from one ear of corn and place in a medium bowl.
- Mash the kernels with the back of a fork until they release their milk.
- Add the olive oil, sherry vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and several grinds of pepper.
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
- Cut the kernels from the second ear of corn and add to the vinaigrette.
- Add the parsley and whisk to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
Support your local farmers!