I love sweet and savory ingredients that blend together beautifully. Like maple and mustard. Two ingredients that are available all year round, but that I seem to cook with often in the fall and winter.
This creamy maple mustard salad dressing is simple in flavor and easy in execution. Sweet pure maple syrup, tangy whole grain mustard, rich & nutty sherry vinegar, fresh garlic and good extra virgin olive oil are combined in your blender or mini food processor and simply seasoned with a pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Luscious stuff!
I like using whole grain mustard in this recipe, because I love the pop of mustard seeds in the dressing. But Dijon mustard would be just as good. I didn’t add any herbs in this dressing because I initially made it to slather on some roasted rosemary potatoes. But you could add some chopped rosemary, thyme or parsley if you want extra flavor and a pinch of green.
And while this was a perfect dressing for a potato salad, it’s light enough to dress any of your favorite greens, and creamy enough to spoon over proteins like chicken or pork. Keep it simple, or jazz it up. This is a basic but versatile dressing and it’s all up to you!
- 1 Tablespoon of whole grain mustard
- 2 Tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup of sherry vinegar
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Simply blend all ingredients in a blender of mini food processor until combined and creamy.
- Add salt & freshly cracked black pepper to suit your taste.
- NOTE: If you decide to add any herbs, whisk them in after the dressing has been blended.
All of my salads and dressings are just a starting point for your imagination. So swap and add ingredients, and do what works for you!