You know, for the longest time I really only relied on balsamic vinaigrette to dress my salads.
But since I started making my own salad dressings from scratch, I’ve been having fun throwing various ingredients together to see what I can create. Since I’m fond of adding cheese to my salads, I decided to try and add some cheese to my dressing. This creamy dressing, made with cheese and herbs is delicious! This Greek yogurt based dressing blends tangy feta; fresh parsley, dill and chives; minced fresh garlic and bright fresh lemon juice. It’s tangy and fresh with a perfect salty bite.
I love the blend of herbs I used for this dressing. Use any combination that you favor. But you can also make this using one herb only. Have an abundance of dill from a different recipe? Then create a feta-dill-garlic dressing. You get the idea!
This is an easy dressing to make since all the ingredients are combined in a blender. And it’s perfect to dress up most any type of salad.
And one of my favorite things about this creamy feta dressing? The color! Fresh herbs, all natural.
- 8 ounces of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup of roughly chopped herbs (I used dill, parsley & chives)
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup of olive oil
- the juice of 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- Place the herbs, water and garlic in a blender and mix until combined.
- Add the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and mix until blended and smooth.
If you ate today, thank a farmer!